Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Age of Aquarius

Urbi et Orbi (EP) album cover
My dog's horoscope suggested he structure his time today. I'm not kidding. Now, it's true I haven't looked at his Paw Pilot calender lately, so this might be good advice, but I try not to intrude. It's his business (no pun intended) and we all need respect. Still, one wouldn't want to tempt the stars, would one?

Now, admittedly, there's a bit of a problem with this forecast -- I'm not entirely certain of his birth date. When I adopted him, it was assumed he was born in early January, a Capricorn according to those in the know. But he could just as well be an Aquarius, in which case he's predicted to learn something new about himself today. My dog as Mr. Introspective -- who would ever have guessed?

Then again (pardon my indecision here) he might be a Sagittarius and he should restrain his natural inclination to be involved in everything all at once. Cultivate the inner therapist, observe, scratch your whiskers and when your person offers you a cookie, ask, "And how do you feel about that?"

It's really too bad he wasn't born in October because Libra fits him perfectly: "You have no interest in being intellectual; you're all about feelings." That's absolutely spot on. Don't get me wrong, this is not to say he's, ahem, a bone head, but given a choice I think he'd prefer Dogs are from Mars, Cats are from Venus to The Journal of Cat Communication. He's just not that into academics.

He is a Puppy School graduate, though, and has a diploma to prove it. And he does have his Paw Pilot, but you can bet your life I'm not getting him a phone application for it, at least not until he can pay the monthly bill himself. You've got to draw the line somewhere.


(Image via Wikipedia)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...