Monday, July 26, 2010

A New "Do"


Ah, change is hard. ~ Rifiki from The Lion King

He wasn't kidding. Change is often hardest on those who initiate it and in this case, that means me. As you can see, the layout for The Beggar's Blog has undergone a facelift. I've been contemplating this for months, experimenting from time to time with new ideas and ultimately, discarding all of them. Either the formatting didn't permit me to retain the sidebar gadgets, the fonts were weird, or I just didn't care for the "feel" of the new design.

This morning, however, I discovered Blogger, my hosting service, had introduced a new way of working with existing templates, so I succumbed to temptation. I feel a little bit like I've gone to the "hair cutting place" -- the person who cuts my hair isn't a barber but neither do I get my hair styled, so I'm at a loss for what to call her shop -- and asked for something new and now it's like, what have I done?!

I'm sure I'll adjust over time but more importantly, will you? What do you think? Do you like the new formatting? Is the print easy or even easier to read? What about the colors? I'm so darned colorblind I had to get a consult before I trusted the appearance of the page. I'd really appreciate any feedback you'd like to leave in the comments section of this post and thanks in advance!


(Creative Commons image via disneysexclusiveonline photostream via Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...