Thursday, September 9, 2010

That Long,Lonesome Highway

Lonesome HighwayFor the next six weeks, my blog entries may appear to depart from what you're accustomed to reading. I'm heading mid-West to attend an intensive medical boards review course that promises to be a great learning opportunity. Because I've been led to believe it will combine time-consumption with brain-drain, I've been wondering if there might be a way to integrate this experience with The Beggar's Blog, rendering them complimentary, rather than conflicting, activities.

So, here's what I've come up with. Most likely, weekends (I'm crossing my fingers, here) will allow me a little more time to turn out the kind of thing you usually see, while weekdays offerings will probably be briefer, focusing on what it's like, being an older student in this kind of milieu. Some days may be more reflective than others, but it's hard for me to see beyond that since this whole thing is completely new for me. In any case, I hope it turns out to be a series of good reads.

Now, as to travel time, in this day and age one assumes internet access is universally available, but there are no guarantees. If you drop by and see nothing new, it's only because I haven't been able to find a plug for my computer. I'll be taking photos, naturally, of anything curious, intriguing, or worth taking a gander at, and I'll include those as well.

I expect to work extremely hard but I'm looking forward to getting started and learning new ways of thinking about the material my classmates and I have been dealing with these past few years. It's going to be an adventure and one that I'm eager to share with you. Next time you hear from me, I'll be somewhere out there, on Dylan's long, lonesome highway.


(Creative Commons image by Serge Melki via Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...